June 25, 2024, 06:07:50 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Division results

Started by Andy, February 14, 2016, 01:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

February 14, 2016, 01:47:01 AM Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:49:00 AM by andy1966
Well, I'm moving forward with dividing large numbers.

I have however found whilst trying to check my results, different answers online with the so called big number crunching calculators.

It seems there are different methods employed by many of them to come up with an answer, and most periodically round up a number before continuing with the next calculation.

Even more confusing... they come up with differ answers from each other.  ???

Does anyone agree with my observations?

I am however confident of my results and I have tested numbers from 1 to 50 in length divided by a one digit number, so the road is open now for division of x by y where x and y could be any length.

Thanks,
Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

LarryMc

I'm taking your word for it  ;)
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

Thanks for the vote of confidence Larry!  :)

It does beg the question though as to why these online calculators give different results even from each other.

Anyway, I'll press on....

Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.