June 25, 2024, 12:56:06 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Owner Drawn Styles

Started by Zen, July 19, 2006, 08:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Hi. I have noticed that there is ABS_OWNERDRAW for the CButton class, but how do you let other controls know they are to be custom drawn? Or is it not as simple as applying a style to te other controls?

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

Aurora already custom draws the buttons when you use ABS_OWNERDRAW. To support fg/bg colors.

You can search MSDN for the other controls particular ownerdraw style.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

Ahh thats what i was asking. Do the other controls have a style, i guess so. Will they be put into the language constants at any point? I will have a peek through the SDK for the other constants.

Thanks
Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

The only reason it is in the constants is to support colored buttons like we did in IBasic.  I have no plans to add anymore built in 'skinning'  ;).  For one it's not compatible with XP themes.  In other words you can either have themed buttons, or colored ones, but not both.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

HUH??? Thats thrown me a bit? So what i am working on isnt going to work? Then how can these other programs skin your controls for you? If you have XP themes on or not? Or have i just missed the point here :S

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

Meaning the theme doesn't work for that button.  Not that the button doesn't work of course. 

Linux handles skinning so much better.
Ionic Wind Support Team