June 25, 2024, 06:49:33 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Avast causing major problems

Started by Andy, September 21, 2013, 03:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hi,

Well just as I thought I could just get on with things - Avast A/V is now playing up

Three programs that I have written (IWB 2.09) and have been no problem to Avast - suddenly, Avast says they are infected with "Win32:Evo-gen" virus.

So I tried the new IDE

It now says the IWBDev.exe is also infected with the same virus - false positives of course.

I always keep a clean machine!
even tried to re-download the IWBDev again - Avast even stops me when I try to unzip it.

Many people use Avast so it must be fixed somehow.

Any thoughts anyone.

P.S. - Yes if have checked and double check my PC, Laptop and other machines that I use - all have the same issue.

???
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Copex

head over here http://www.avast.com/en-gb/contact-form.php report it as a false positive. they will evaluate the program and update the definitions
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

LarryMc

Yes, report it to avast as copex suggest.  that's the only way to get avast to change their code.
Even though I don't use avast I sent them a small exe to check.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

Thanks copex and Larry,

Yes, in fact reporting it to Avast was the first thing I did.

Seems there are many people having this problem at the moment, maybe they will get their act together
and fix this bug.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.