June 26, 2024, 06:41:47 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

IWB 2.5 compatibility of source code

Started by Andy, June 12, 2013, 04:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hi,

Could Larry or anyone advise me on the compatibility of source code written in IWB 2.09 with that of the new IWB 2.5 - in other words will I have to change anything in my source code?

I remember when I last upgraded some lines had to be modified to include "(" and ")" which took some time to do - not complaining, just wondering if I will have to do some modifications to my code when I download IWB 2.5.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

LarryMc

No changes are required in the source code.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Bill-Bo

LarryMc,

This isn't exactly on topic, but in my 2.5, when I click
on 'About', it indicates the IDE as 2.508b and the compiler
as 2.095. I this correct?

Bill

LarryMc

Quote from: Bill-Bo on June 13, 2013, 07:18:48 AM
LarryMc,

This isn't exactly on topic, but in my 2.5, when I click
on 'About', it indicates the IDE as 2.508b and the compiler
as 2.095. I this correct?

Bill
Absolutely.
The IDE and the compiler or two separate executables.
The IDE is 2.508b (b for beta).
The compiler used in the beta is the same compiler used in the current released version of IWB.
When LarryS makes some required revisions in the compiler to support the use of an ini file instead of the registry then the compiler version will change.
When he gets the compiler modified AND gives me a debugger that will work with the new IDE then we'll be able to officially release IWB2.5.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Bill-Bo

Andy

Thanks Larry,

Downloaded IWB 2.5 this morning, copied - but did not overwrite new lib and inc files and my programs compile without any changes needed.

Great work!
Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.