Welcome to IWBasic
IWBasic is a full featured 32 bit compiler for the WindowsT operating system. Creates small, fast executables and DLL's. IWBasic supports both procedural and OOP style programming.
- Fast 32 bit assembler, linker, and compiler.
- Uses standard COFF and LIB format files.
- Easily upgradeable and expandable.
- Integrated Scintilla based editor and debugger.
- Multi module programming through projects.
- Supports Windows 98,ME,NT,2000,XP,Vista, and Win7.
- Executables created are royalty free.
- Able to create and use static libraries.
- Generates native machine code, no runtimes!
- BASIC like syntax.
- Rich command set, over 800 built in commands and functions.
- Extensive mathematic operators and functions.
- Built in linked-list handling.
- Easy window, dialog and control creation.
- Advanced inline assembler for optimizing code.
- Use IWBasic variables directly in inline assembly code.
- Interface IWBasic variables with assembly raw data.
- Text console support.
- Advanced and easy pointer operators.
- 'C' style pointer operations.
- Built in midi music and sound commands.
- Case insensitive keywords.
- Optional casesensitive variable names.
- Graphics primitive operations for quick and simple drawing operations.
- Text and graphics printer output support.
- Web enabled application development with the integrated HTML browser control.
- Simple common control commands and functions.
- Quickly interfaces with the Windows API, C runtime libraries, and static code libraries.
- Automatically creates missing import libraries, when possible.
- Optional, default, and variable number of parameters for functions.
- Static variables in subroutines/functions.
- Supports indirect function calls.
- ANSI compliant UDT and UNION types (structure).
- Nested structure definitions.
- STDCALL and CDECL function calling conventions supported.
- Import variables and methods from DLL files.
- OOP fully supported.
- Structured exceptions handling.
- Built in ODBC database support.
- Built in 2D gaming commands.
- DirectX 9.0 3D gaming engine included.
- Built in Unicode support with ability to code both ANSI/Unicode under flag control.
- Built in COM support.
- Built in support for resources.
- Supports macro creation with multiple expressions.
- Supports thread-private variables.
- Built in Drag and Drop commands.
- IBasicT Professional Compatible.
- Emergence BasicT Compatible.
- Help file in chm, pdf, and eBook formats.
[ Screenshot ]
New in Ver 3.0:
- Configurable Installation:
REGISTRY is no longer used. Allows memory stick installation
Option to automatically install Sapero's WindowsSDK include package
Option to set pc location of example files
Option to set pc location of template files
-New IDE Options:
Open last project on startup
Open last open files on startup
Open all project files when project is opened
Open project when a project file is opened
Use full path names in recent project/files menu
Show last 10/30 recent projects/files in menu
Delete exe on compile/link failure
-New Code Editor Options:
When an IWBasic command keyword is entered followed by a '(' a window
appears displaying the syntax for the command and highlighting the next
parameter to be entered and identifying its data type.
Set AutoTip ForeGround color
Set AutoTip BackGround color
Set AutoTip HighLite color
Display Keywords as typed
Display Keywords as upper case
Display Keywords as small case
-Updated Find Dialog
Replaced Up/Down/Find Next controls with
Find First/Find Prev/Find Next/Find Last controls
Added Help button and popup window with explanation of Regular
Expression search features.
-Added the ability to directly add the following additional resource types to a project:
-Added ability to compile resources without compiling source files
-Global 'ToDo List' main menu option
-Project List Window Added with 3 tabs
Files - replaces old File View
Subroutines - list all subs in a project regardless of what source file
they are located in
Includes- Include files used in the project (to the 2nd level of nesting only)
-Each Project automatically assigned its own "ToDo List"
-Added 'Close All' option to Windows menu to close all open Code Editor windows.
-Improved Form Editor
Select Window, Dialog, MDI Frame form
Allow for menu bar spacing
Allow for status bar spacing
Allow for toolbar spacing
Drag and drop 22 different control types
Allocate space for custom controls
Preview includes minimum menu and status bar
Code skeleton includes minimum menu and status bar
Form layout can be saved to a file (.iwf)
Parent variable can be preset
-Added Tools Menu Editor to Tools menu
Allows User to add/delete 3rd party tools of their choice to the Tools menu
-Added Help Menu Editor to Tools menu
Allows User to add/delete links to 3rd party Help files of their choice to the Help menu
-Added Clean Folder Utility to Tools menu
Allows User to delete files created during the compilation process, if desired
-Added Color Picker Utility to Tools menu
Allows User to select and preview fg/bg colors and the copy and paste proper code for those colors
-Added Toolbar Paint Utility to Tools menu
Allows User to create toolbar bitmaps for use in their applications
-Added Messagebox Builder Utility to Tools menu
Allows User to easily create a messagebox and then paste the code in their applications
-Improved Find-In-File searches
When new search is performed, previous search results are not automatically deleted.
User can delete all previous results with one click; or
Select one line or a block of result lines and delete with one click.
Each set of search results displays a header line showing what is being searched for and where.
-Bookmarks have been enhanced
Bookmarks are now saved between editing session for each file
Bookmarks are displayed in a dropdown menu
After selecting one the User can jump to that line or delete the bookmark
-Enhanced Print Preview
A significant amount of time has been spent improving the help file.
The separate ControPak help file has been abandoned and its contents merged with the
User's guide so that all control information is in one location.
Current version: 3.0
Current price: $69.95 USD[ More Info ]