June 28, 2024, 02:38:07 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Re: Button and Chart Libraries

Started by LarryMc, October 30, 2015, 11:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Quote from: LarryMc on October 23, 2015, 07:39:58 AM
Quote from: Egil on October 23, 2015, 05:18:00 AM
Glad you got it working, Andy.

Tried to compile your code after purchasing the button library, but I was not able to find the CBLM2.inc file anywhere in the install. In fact the only files containing the term CBLM2 in their names was the help files. So guess I have to contact at least one of the Larrys to straighten things out.

Egil
After a quick glance it appears the installer for the button lib was last updated before IWB quit using the registry. If the installer doesn't find IWB it doesn't install several files.
You're the first to run into this. Gives you some indication the volume of sales we have.  ;D  And since LarryS handles all sales and puts the money in the pot for the site I have no idea when someone buys one of my programs.

I've got yet another Dr's within the hour.  When I get back I will start working on re-writing the installer for the for button lib. I should be able to get it done and posted within the next 24 hours.

Appears I totally dropped the ball on this one.  After getting up from an 8 hour nap @ 10 PM(yes PM) there was a message waiting for me from LarryS titled:
Re: chart and button designer
and his message was:
Can you follow up on this?
My first thought was huh? then oh s@%t!

Egil, I owe you my sincere apologies for not keeping my word to you. I guess I'm turning into a senile old fool.  If there is anything I can do (in addition to providing what I said I would) let me know.

It is now 12:15 AM, I have eaten a bite of supper and am fixing to take my nite time hand full of pills. After that I am prepared the sit here until I get the new installer worked out.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Egil

Apoligies accepted. But as I told you some days ago, I have plenty of time to wait, so no need to rush.

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

LarryMc

After nearly 7 hours I got the details of the installer skeleton worked out.
It took that long because it has been so long since I had looked at the INNO installer program and the part that I had to deal with was written in PASCAL ( doesn't appear to be a difficult language but when you're not familiar with it simple things can take a while to figure out when you don't have a "go by".) But, with a lot of trial and error and the internet I figured out what needed to do.

What I need to do now is adjust the text of the installer to be more suitable to my needs ( I started off with the IWBasic installer and butchered it) but that won't take long. After that I'll have a good skeleton to use with any of my offerings.

Before doing that I'm going to take a nap.  When I get up I'll finish that and then adapt the skeleton to the two libraries (which should go pretty quick) and then do a little testing.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library