June 22, 2024, 09:38:41 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Richedit problem

Started by LarryMc, April 21, 2012, 09:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Must be my day to find problems.

when I compile and run the richedit.iwb example program I get no context menu when I right-click in the edit control.

In an old version of IWB+ I have the same exact setup for the project to-do list.
It works fine there.
When I insert the same code into the new IDE the right-click doesn't work.

When I run the CBasic richedit.cba example it works fine.

Can someone with the latest IWBasic 2.x compile and run the richedit.iwb program and see if the right-click works?

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

Hi Larry,

No it doesn't work.

Tried it on IWB 2.09, compiler version 2.095 Linker 1.11

Have you had a look at
http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php?topic=4833.0

Maybe this can help?

Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

LarryMc

It use to work, as evident via IWB+ where I used it.
There's no user coding envolved in having the standard right-click menu popup in an edi/richedit control.
And it still works inCBasic.

Something has changed in IWB2 and broke it.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

Larry,

The right click works in Editor.iwb - I know that uses @edit NOT @richedit which you need so maybe it's the @richedit command itself?

Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

ZeroDog

April 22, 2012, 01:51:52 AM #4 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:55:16 AM by ZeroDog
There has never been a context menu in RichEdit controls.  Not even as far back as IBasic Standard.

I just tested every version of IBasic/IBPro /EBasic/CBasic/IWBasic, and none of them have a context menu in the RichEdit controls.

Could you post the code sample in which you say it works?

LarryMc

Can you say SENIOR MOMENT ::)

I guess I'm starting to get too senile to keep trying to do this...

It seems I'm loosing more and more of my memory each day; it's definitely noticeable.

Sorry for the false alert and thanks Andy and ZD.

LarryMc
LarryMc

ZeroDog

"It seems I'm loosing more and more of my memory each day"

When I lose something, I usually end up finding it in the couch cusions.  Have you tried looking there?

"it's definitely noticeable."

Eventually you'll lose enough to where you dont remember losing your memory, so it won't be noticable anymore.  Something to look forward to. ;)